തൈറോയിഡ് രോഗങ്ങള് ഡോക്ടര് ലൈവ്
Islamabad: Pakistani troops have joined armed forces from around 20 countries for \\\"the largest, most important military manoeuvres\\\" ever staged by its close ally Saudi Arabia to ramp up their counter-terrorism skills.The Foreign Office said Pakistani troops are part of the multinational military exercise being staged by Saudi Arabia.
In a statement issued late last night, it said Pakistan and Saudi Arabia have close defence ties going on for decades.\\\"It is in this backdrop that Pakistan is participating in a multi-national exercise on counter-terrorism being held in Saudi Arabia,\\\" it said.
\\\"This includes military exercises and intense training cooperation in various domains. Both countries have training exchanges in which trainers are sent to Saudi Arabia for multiple training areas and Saudi Armed Forces personnel also receive training in Pakistan,\\\" it said, without giving details about the schedule of the military exercise.A small Pakistani defence contingent remains stationed in Saudim Arabia under a bilateral arrangement, it said.
The remarks by the Foreign Office came after Saudi Arabia announced it was conducting \\\"the largest, most important military maneuvers\\\" ever staged in the region. The \\\"Thunder of the North\\\" exercise involves ground, air, and naval forces.
According to official Saudi SPA news agency, troops from around 20 countries, including Pakistan, were gathering in northern Saudi Arabia for military exercises, sparking fears that these countries might also deploy ground troops in Syria.The countries participating in the military exercise include Saudi Arabia\\\'s five partners in the Gulf Cooperation Council, and Chad, Egypt, Jordan, Malaysia, Morocco, Pakistan, Senegal and Tunisia, the SPA reported.
Saudi Arabia is currently leading a military campaign against Houthi rebels in neighbouring Yemen.Pakistan has already announced it will be part of Saudi Arabia\\\'s 34-nation alliance to fight \\\"terrorism\\\" in Islamic countries. But it had also said that it will not deploy troops in foreign countries in combat role.Since the Saudi alliance excludes Shiite regional power Iran, it is feared that the initiative may further sharpen the sectarian divide in the region.
A man accused of fatally shooting three people and wounding nine others at a Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado last year is set to return to court on Thursday for a hearing to determine if he is mentally competent enough to fire his lawyers.Robert Lewis Dear, 58, has said he wants to represent himself against multiple charges of murder and attempted murder, after previously declaring he was guilty and calling himself a “warrior for the babies” at a hearing in December.
El Paso County District Court Judge Gilbert Martinez ordered the South Carolina native to undergo a competency examination after Dear said at previous hearings he wanted to dismiss his lawyers.Those attorneys have since said in court papers that evaluators concluded Dear was mentally incompetent, but it is up to Martinez to rule whether the case can proceed and if Dear can represent himself.If the judge rules Dear is mentally unfit, the case will be suspended while he undergoes treatment at the state mental hospital until he is restored to competency.
Dear has been held without bond at the El Paso County jail since he surrendered on Nov. 27 at the Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado Springs following a five-hour siege in which three people were killed, including a police officer, and nine others suffered gunshot wounds. It marked the first deadly attack on a U.S. abortion provider since 2009.
Dear, who police said was armed with several rifles and opened fire in the parking lot of the clinic before storming the building, told detectives after his arrest that he was upset with Planned Parenthood for performing abortions and what he said was the “selling of body parts,” the documents showed.Among those scheduled to testify at Thursday’s hearing include a detective who interviewed Dear after his arrest and at least one of the mental health evaluators who examined Dear, a onetime self-employed art dealer who lived in Hartsel, Colorado.District Attorney Dan May said he would not announce whether he would seek the death penalty until some time after Dear formally enters a plea.
An EgyptAir jet carrying 66 passengers and crew from Paris to Cairo disappeared from radar over the Mediterranean south of Greece on Thursday, with Athens saying the plane swerved in mid-air before plunging from cruising height and vanishing.Greek state television said aircraft debris had been found in the sea during a search for the missing Airbus A320. Earlier, Greek officials said pieces of plastic and two lifevests were found floating some 230 miles south of Crete.Officials were reluctant to speculate over the disappearance while the search was underway. Egyptian Prime Minister Sherif Ismail said it was too early to rule out any explanation, including an attack like the one blamed for bringing down a Russian airliner over Egypt’s Sinai peninsula last year.
But despite the caution, the country’s aviation minister said a terrorist attack was more likely to have taken down the aircraft than a technical failure.In Washington, U.S. President Barack Obama received a briefing on the disappearance from his adviser for homeland security and counter-terrorism, the White House said.In Athens, Greek Defence Minister Panos Kammenos said the Airbus had first swerved 90 degrees to the left, then spun through 360 degrees to the right. After plunging from 37,000 feet to 15,000, it vanished from Greek radar screens.
Greece deployed aircraft and a frigate to the area to help with the search. Greek defense sources told Reuters earlier that two floating objects, colored white and red, had been spotted in a sea area 230 miles south of the island of Crete.According to Greece’s civil aviation chief, calls from Greek air traffic controllers to the jet went unanswered just before it left the country’s airspace, and it disappeared from radar screens soon afterwards.
There was no official suggestion of whether the disappearance was due to technical failure or any other reason such as sabotage by ultra-hardline Islamists, who have targeted airports, airliners and tourist sites in Europe, Egypt, Tunisia and other Middle Eastern countries over the past few years.The aircraft was carrying 56 passengers – with one child and two infants among them – and 10 crew, EgyptAir said. They included 30 Egyptian and 15 French nationals, along with citizens of 10 other countries.Asked if he could rule out that terrorists were behind the incident, Prime Minister Ismail told reporters: “We cannot exclude anything at this time or confirm anything. All the search operations must be concluded so we can know the cause.”
French President Francois Hollande also said the cause was unknown. “Unfortunately the information we have … confirms to us that the plane came down and is lost,” he said. “No hypothesis can be ruled out, nor can any be favored over another.”With its archeological sites and Red Sea resorts, Egypt is traditionally a popular destination for Western tourists. But the industry has been badly hit following the downing of the Russian Metrojet flight last October, killing all 224 people on board, as well as by an Islamist insurgency and a string of bomb attacks.
Follow the Reuters Live Coverage on EgyptAir jet: http://live.reuters.com/Event/World_NewsGreek air traffic controllers spoke to the pilot as the jet flew over the island of Kea, in what was thought to be the last broadcast from the aircraft, and no problems were reported.But just ahead of the handover to Cairo airspace, calls to the plane went unanswered, before it dropped off radars shortly after exiting Greek airspace, Kostas Litzerakis, the head of Greece’s civil aviation department, told Reuters.“During the transfer procedure to Cairo airspace, about seven miles before the aircraft entered the Cairo airspace, Greek controllers tried to contact the pilot but he was not responding,” he said.
Greek authorities are searching in the area south of the island of Karpathos, Defence Minister Kammenos told a news conference.“At 3.39am (0039 GMT) the course of the aircraft was south and south-east of Kassos and Karpathos (islands),” he said. “Immediately after, it entered Cairo FIR (flight information region) and made swerves and a descent I describe: 90 degrees left and then 360 degrees to the right.”The Airbus plunged from 37,000 feet (11,280 meters) to 15,000 feet before vanishing from radar, he added.Egyptian Civil Aviation minister Sherif Fathi said authorities had tried to resume contact but without success.
At Cairo airport, authorities ushered families of the passengers and crew into a closed-off waiting area.Two women and a man, who said they were related to a crew member, were seen leaving the VIP hall where families were being kept. Asked for details, the man said: “We don’t know anything, they don’t know anything. No one knows anything.”Ayman Nassar, from the family of one of the passengers, also walked out of the passenger hall with his daughter and wife in a distressed state. “They told us the plane had disappeared, and that they’re still searching for it and not to believe any rumors,” he said.
A mother of flight attendant rushed out of the hall in tears. She said the last time her daughter called her was Wednesday night. “They haven’t told us anything,” she said.EgyptAir said on its Twitter account that Flight MS804 had departed Paris at 23:09 (CEST). It disappeared at 02:30 a.m. at an altitude of 37,000 feet in Egyptian air space, about 280 km (165 miles) from the Egyptian coast before it was due to land at 03:15 a.m.In Paris, a police source said investigators were now interviewing officers who were on duty at Roissy airport on Wednesday evening to find out whether they heard or saw anything suspicious. “We are in the early stage here,” the source said.Airbus said the missing A320 was delivered to EgyptAir in November 2003 and had operated about 48,000 flight hours.The missing flight’s pilot had clocked up 6,275 hours of flying experience, including 2,101 hours on the A320, while the first officer had 2,766 hours, EgyptAir said.At one point EgyptAir said the plane had sent an emergency signal at 04:26 a.m., two hours after it disappeared from radar screens. However, Fathi said later that further checks found that no SOS was received.
The weather was clear at the time the plane disappeared, according to Eurocontrol, the European air traffic network.“Our daily weather assessment does not indicate any issues in that area at that time,” it said.Under U.N. aviation rules, if the aircraft is found to have crashed in international or Egyptian waters, Egypt will automatically lead an investigation into the accident assisted by countries including France, where the jet was assembled, and the United States, where engine maker Pratt & Whitney is based.
Russia and Western governments have said the Metrojet plane that crashed on Oct. 31 was probably brought down by a bomb, and the Islamic State militant group said it had smuggled an explosive device on board.That crash called into question Egypt’s campaign to eradicate Islamist violence. Militants have stepped up attacks on Egyptian soldiers and police since Sisi, then serving as army chief, toppled elected President Mohamed Mursi, an Islamist, in 2013 after mass protests against his rule.In March, an EgyptAir plane flying from Alexandria to Cairo was hijacked and forced to land in Cyprus by a man with what authorities said was a fake suicide belt. He was arrested after giving himself up.EgyptAir has a fleet of 57 Airbus and Boeing jets, including 15 of the Airbus A320 family of aircraft, according to airfleets.com.
A raging Canadian wildfire that forced the evacuation of the Alberta oil town of Fort McMurray intensified on Saturday, helped by hot, dry weather, with police escorting a fresh convoy of evacuees out of the region.The blaze, the largest of some 40 wildfires burning across the province of Alberta, has forced some 88,000 residents, the entire population of Fort McMurray, to flee for safety.The weather, with temperatures on Saturday expected to rise as high as 28 degrees Celsius (82.4 Fahrenheit), was hindering efforts to fight the wildfire, said Matthew Anderson, a wildfire information official with the Alberta government.
“It’s going to be a very extreme fire hazard kind of day,” he told CBC News. “Today will certainly be a very, very challenging day and the (fire’s) growth potential is quite large.”Earlier in the week most evacuees headed south by car on Alberta Highway 63, the only land route out of the area, in a slow-moving exodus that left many temporarily stranded on the roadside as they ran out of gasoline.
But other residents who initially sought shelter in oil camps and settlements north of the city found themselves cut off in overcrowded conditions. They were forced on Friday to retrace their route back through Fort McMurray on Highway 63 as flames continued to spread.Television footage showed the first convoys of about 20 vehicles getting underway around 6 a.m. local time (1200 GMT) even as smoke from fires filled the sky.
The convoys on Friday moved about 2,500 vehicles of evacuees with 7,500 people south, according to a tweet from the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo.The northbound lanes of Highways 63 and 881 toward Fort McMurray were restricted, and parts of Highway 881, the only road in and out of some evacuated communities south of the city, remain closed, Alberta’s government said on Twitter.Royal Canadian Mounted Police Sgt John Spaans told CBC authorities were not certain how many were still left to travel south.
The full extent of property losses in Fort McMurray has yet to be determined, but authorities said some 1,600 structures were believed to have been destroyed. One analyst estimated insurance losses could exceed C$9 billion ($7 billion).Entire neighborhoods were reduced to ruins, but most evacuees fled without knowing the fate of their own homes. The majority got away with few possessions, some forced to leave pets behind.At least 10 oil sand operators have cut production due to evacuations and other emergency measures that complicated delivery of petroleum by rail, pipeline and highway.About half of Canada’s oil sands production capacity has been taken offline by the conflagration, according to a Reuters estimate.
Voters in Germany, France, Sweden and Finland think Britain should not be given a generous deal when it tries to renegotiate its ties with the European Union, an opinion poll published on Friday showed.Germans and the French were most opposed to helping Britain out: 53 percent of respondents in both countries said it should not expect any favors compared with 27 percent who said the EU should offer Britain a generous deal, polling firm YouGov said.Furthermore, nearly half of voters in the two EU heavyweight countries said they would support a free trade deal with Britain only if Britain agreed to continue to allow EU citizens to live and work in the country.Opposition to the EU’s free movement of workers principle was one of the main campaign messages of those who wanted Britain to leave the bloc, a decision British voters backed in a referendum on June 23.Britain has yet to notify the EU formally of its plan to leave, a step which would kick off a period of up to two years for its exit to be completed.
The front-runner to become Britain’s next prime minister, interior minister Theresa May, has said she wants to hold informal talks with the EU about the outlines of a deal before launching the two-year exit period.Of five continental EU countries covered by YouGov’s poll, only voters in Denmark favored offering Britain a generous deal, the polling firm said.YouGov interviewed 2,045 people in Germany, 1,008 people in France and around 1,000 people in each of Sweden, Finland and Denmark between June 30 and July 5.